Deadline: May 28, 2019
The application is now closed.
***Internal opportunity for Chemeketa Community College faculty only***
Are You Ready to Write a Textbook? A quiz for busy faculty members
- Are you tired of expensive, bloated textbooks that only partially meet your students’ needs?
- Do your students complain about the cost, content, or currency of your course’s standard textbook?
- Have you developed lesson plans and assignments that students respond well to?
- Do you want to energize your teaching practice by revamping your course?
- Are you willing to try something new and test the limits of your expertise?
- Do you wish you had something to show for all the time you’ve spent answering student questions, preparing lessons, grading assignments, and meeting one-on-one with students during your office hours?
- Have you ever looked at a textbook and thought, “I could do that!”
- Do you have supportive colleagues, family members, or household pets willing to listen to you expound on your project all summer long?
If you answered “yes” to three or more of these questions, you might be ready to take the leap into writing your own textbook. Chemeketa Press can help you make this jump with a textbook development grant. See below for more details.
Chemeketa Press invites CCC faculty to apply for a textbook development grant for summer term 2019. Faculty who receive a textbook development grant will receive one-on-one guidance from a Chemeketa Press editor during the summer with a goal of constructing a book outline, writing one finished chapter, and creating a book proposal for the Press. This opportunity is open to all CCC faculty members with a preference for full-time faculty and higher enrollment classes. Click here to apply. Questions? Contact Stephanie Lenox, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-399-5253.